top of page
A.V. Legal Center


There are 3 main ways to end a marriage or registered domestic partnership in California: divorce, legal separation, and annulment. It is not necessary for both spouses or domestic partners to agree to end the marriage. Either spouse or partner can decide to end the marriage, and the other spouse/partner, even if he or she does not want to get a divorce, cannot stop the process by refusing to participate in the case. If a spouse or domestic partner does not participate in the divorce case, the other spouse/partner will still be able to get a “default” judgment and the divorce will go through. 

California is a “no fault” divorce state, which means that the spouse or domestic partner that is asking for the divorce does not have to prove that the other spouse or domestic partner did something wrong.  To get a no fault divorce, one spouse or domestic partner has to state that the couple cannot get along. Legally, this is called “irreconcilable differences.”

  • Divorce / Legal Separation

  • Divorce Response/Counterclaim

  • Complaint Divorces with Publication

  • Summary Dissolution



Uncontested, married less than 5 years, No Children and No Property

Price is $699.00 plus additional court fees of $435.00



Preparation of all documents for a summary dissolution/ divorce by default or non-contested. Includes court running services. Includes preparation of court fee waiver form if applicable


Children and/or Property and a Marital Settlement Agreement 

Price is $999.00 plus additional court fees of $435.00


Includes :

Preparation of all documents for a divorce by default or non-contested. Includes a marital settlement agreement. Includes Court running services. Includes preparation of Court fee waiver form in applicable. Includes preparation of applicable forms for children and property as required and preparation of financials for the Respondent. Does not include a Response for Respondent. If Respondent wants to file a response add $199.00 plus their court fees of $435.00


When you do not know where the Defendant is to personally serve him or her, you must get permission from the court before you can serve by publication. Many family law matters involve complex and valuable legal rights.  It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney before attempting to self-help yourself we can type for divorce document, but we always recommend you consult an attorney before the start of any services.


Due to the additional cost of a publication the price will be given to you when you come in for a free consultation. 


bottom of page